ammo ordering • ammunition sales • gunsmithing services

The laws governing the legal use, storage and carrying of firearms are constantly changing. Below are the applicable laws in the State of Connecticut  as of 3/29/2013. The below information is designed to be a guide and not the final word. If you have specific questions, please refer to the State of Connecticut legislation at Other great resources are the  Connecticut General Assembly and the Connecticut Department of Emergency Sevices and Public Protection.

Out of state residents may apply for a non resident Connecticut State Pistol Permit. Non residents apply directly to the Connecticut State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.  Call 860-685-8494 to have an application mailed out.

Instructions for Non-Resident State Pistol Permits:(Contact DESPP for packet)
You must hold a valid permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by a recognized United States jurisdiction.
Complete this FORM and submit to DESPP, Division of State Police, pistol permit location along with the below:
Completed State of CT and Federal fingerprint card with $50.00 fee and $16.50 fee payable to Treasurer, State of Connecticut for criminal history background checks;
Firearms Safety & Use Course Certificate;
$70.00 payable to Treasurer, State of Connecticut;
Completed Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers form (DPS-46-C);
Complete DPS-129-C and attach 2x2 color photograph (passport style), sign and notarize form;
A copy of the permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued to you by a recognized United States jurisdiction;
Proof you are legally and lawfully in the United States (e.g., certified copy of birth certificate, U.S. passport or documentation issued by I.C.E.).

Provide Out of State Pistol Permit
State of Issue:
Expiration Date:
Permit Number: